Tuesday 23 April 2013

My April Vellvette Box


Hello beauties!

Yes it's that time of the month, Vellvette  box time * yay *. I received mine today in the afternoon and simply could not wait to upload the pictures, why? Because hell I know I was already googling ‘april vellvette box’, curiosity really drives me insane.

After the march vellvette sort of disappointment (Read nyx lip gloss, sachet samples) I was pretty excited for this month (like every month actually).
First look at the ribbon and I guessed it was ‘spring’ theme this time and it was indeed it was! White ribbon with pretty blue flowers green leaves, very spring.
Pretty no?
(click on the picture to enlarge)


The card kept up with the theme, green with white flowers.. i really love the effort vellvette team makes for us. Read the card below and you'd know they really know how to handle feedback/criticism in a constructive way, mentioning the issues regarding delayed email reverts to box arriving late..they say they will tackle it  all * hurray * also not to mention we might just start seeing more full size products too * double yay*
This is what i got :D


Mary Kay Night Cream 11g

In the last box a lot of people received one time use mary kay make up samples and i was glad i was not one of them (haha) and i guess its only fair to receive mary kay in this months box since its skin care this time around. It is a small 11g tube, will probably last a couple of times.

I am already using a night cream at the moment and don't think i will be switching to try this for a few days (life with sensitive skin, sigh). It has a gel type consistency and i swatched it on my hand, after an hour (since i have been typing this and eating cheese pizza) i can still see a light sheen and softness in the applied area, though i do not like its fragrance at all. i will probably give it to my sister/mom to try.

The Nature's Co. Sunscreen Lotion - 5ml

Finally a summer product- sunscreen! i was waiting for a sunscreen sample since my avene for sensitive skin got over and i went on to purchase suncote gel hardly used, both recommended by my dermatologist against  the previous lancome one i was using. The hunt for my HG sunscreen is still on because even though its the most important skincare product, i always skip it! It must be something to do with  the current ones i have (i'd like to believe that).


The Nature's Co, i don't think i have tried anything from this brand..and erm actually never heard of it and since the full size is for Rs 375 i guess it is not a luxury brand either, lamenting over NYX not being a luxury brand? now there is a new contender! 
 I googled nature's co right now and it is easily available on jabong,flipkart etc. Nothing against the brand but i would honestly prefer clarins or some other high end brand which i  want to try and more likely will buy for my skincare (and now i sound like a brand racisist). 

Motives Mardi Gras Pallette

Ironically i had gone for a 'mardi gras' themed party last week and we were threatened to follow the theme, bling shiny eye mask and at least one item of our clothing had to be completely bling (mine were my black sequinned pumps). 
Back to the mardi gras palette.
No wonder i felt the box kind of heavy when the courier man delivered it, had to be this palette. Its got a sleek silver look, nice and sturdy enough to carry. 

I am sure everyone was hoping to get this palette in their box since the sneak preview, probably i am the black sheep who did not want it. Seriously! i don't know how to use eye shadows, my experiment with eye shadows on new year left me and my friends wishing happy new year at 12, stuck in the car since we got super late :0 .  i am not some make-up pro, i mentioned that in the vellevette questionnaire.


i will probably check out a few reviews before i even plan to swatch it since i can not figure how to use it, most likely this is a pretty useless palette for me as the colours are just to weird for me :/ , more importantly i do not know how to use it! (teach me teach me)
And is that dark blue lipstick and clear gloss in the bottom right ? 
Motives by loren ridinger, apparently a well known brand but i have never heard of it ( not like i know all the brands in the world). 

Final thoughts:
I don't want to be a constantly  dissatisfied customer who could never be pleased with all the effort vellvette takes (they seem to be working hard!) but what can i do when i am one right now! There is nothing in this months box that i will use, like or will ever purchase. If i am not mistaken i was entitled to a bonus sample in every box for the next 6 months since i subscribed during the m.m.m.m offer.I did email vellvette regarding this. * Disappointed*

Whereas vellvette is the only decent beauty box right now, the other being enchantess which really needs to up their game in order to sustain, i feel conflicted about the products since i never received clarins, dior  etc (basically most of their high end brands mentioned on their website) in my 4 month young subscription... :/ 
i understand they work with the brands they have for the current month and send out those samples but they need to have a look at our questionnaire before that. Last time i received the remy laure sachet of vitamin c serum which said it should be used in winter or after a 'big fatigue'  like depression or childbirth *straightface *, honestly i am in my early 20s,  SO having a look at my profile would help them give out  better suited samples to people (Big fatigue LOL).

 DO love vellvette but at the same time i am not looking forward to hoarding random products which i most likely will never use considering i neway keep ordering stuff online (say hello to obsessive online shopper) my vanity is overflowing with hardly used stuff. sigh.
I think my mom should subscribe since she is the one benefiting most from the vellvette box than i am (lol). I paid COD Rs.2199 today for the next 6months and i feel i should maybe cancel my subscription?! I'd rather buy products myself then constantly receive samples which i might not use specially if they are not luxury..i don't see a point in subscribing to a beauty box then.

See? i sound so dissatisfied. 
Neway i can't wait to see what everyone gets and to those who were unhappy (like me) with their box, here is a photo of my beloved to make you smile :)
ps: does anyone want me to review my one month meiji amino collagen use? 
*Update* the review for meiji collagen is up now here

Have a great day :D

*Follow me to stay updated on new posts!*


No comments:

Post a Comment