Wednesday 30 January 2013

My First Vellvette Box Jan 2013

Whats in my Vellvette Jan 2013 Box?

Hello!
this is my first post and about my first vellvette box! how awesome...right? ever since i saw pictures of these boxes online, i was dying to get my hands on them ASAP! so i got myself a 3-month subscription. After days of dreaming about it, mine finally arrived today *omgsmiley*.

This is what i got !
(no box pictures sorry. too excited to open it)


1. Nyassa Belgian Chocolate scrub (40gms)   2. OPI Nail Lacquer (3.75ml)
3. Bath & Body Works (59ml)





NYASSA BELGIAN CHOCOLATE SCRUB
           ( So i have noticed this little tin is a constant in most of the boxes for this month :D )

t smells and looks REALLY yummy. Im not a fan of scrubs...i don't generally use scrubs (shame on me) but i am willing to try it as part of my new skin care regimen! But i feel these visible sugar crystals will be to harsh on the skin, let's see.
 The product is alot less for the tin though, it just settles at the bottom of the tin.

OPI NAIL LACQUER in "Red lights ahead where..."

Mini OPI nail polish * yay * its a very flattering red colour, applies smoothly, one coat is good enough.
i have used OPI before, obviously so i was not very excited to see it in my first box or any box ever. BUT at least they got the colour right..but then again OPI does have lovely shades. Anyway...one can not have too many reds right? ;) *makes self feelbetter*

Bath & Body Works - Dark Kiss Body Lotion

This was the only product i liked and i mean REALLY liked it (notice the caps?)
It smells so good, i keep sniffing my arms for the scent. its that good. Pretty strong, floral..hard to describe the scent exactly...sensuous (?! ) its more of a night time/winter scent AND also very long lasting. It does not make my skin particularly soft..i guess my skin is the same just that it has an awesome scent to it!

Sad part?  yes there is a sad part, strangely this unsealed bottle of lotion had spilled/leaked in the box..?! Does that happen :s
I am definitely going to purchase the fullsize..! (my mom, sister loved it too, so we are abit it an emergency to buy the fullsize. lol )

So overall i am guess satisfied, only because i got the dark kiss lotion. the 3-month subscription cost me Rs 1199/- and i paid COD . i received discount coupons to use on the vellvette website to purchase the full-size products.

PS: My sister ordered one too! we also gifted one to a friend, yet to arrive though. Cant wait to see what they get, hopefully she does not get the same things as i, we (sis) live in the same house and don't want two of the same products.

UPDATE: My sister received 2 of the same products as me, the nyassa belgian scrub and opi nail paint (white) and a very tiny biotherm face cleanser. She did not like anything and refused to subscribe any further.
The friend we gifted was a bit older, she received the bath & body works body lotion in sweet pea, nyassa scrub and anna andre lip colour.

Have a great day !

- En

No comments:

Post a Comment