Tuesday 27 August 2013

My August Vellvette Bag

Hello Lovelies!

I am back with my august vellvette bag post. After a hectic day at work, i was happy seeing that my vellvette bag had arrived. Which lasted only till i saw the contents of the bag. I am beyond disappointed, more like irritated with vellvette. Read on to know why...

As you can see, this time we are getting these black bags instead of the box. Looks much better then the pink bag in my opinion. I am one of the few people who actually enjoyed receiving the boxes i guess. That does not mean i don't like the bag, just the box better :p

What i got:
  • Just Herbs Age Defying Treatment Kit
  • H20+ Marine Calm Eye Cream
  • Sally Hansen Lip Inflation Extreme
  • MMMM Bonus Sk-ii

Just Herbs Age Defying Treatment Kit 
So the beauty experts at vellvette who apparently 'hand pick' the beauty samples have decided to repeatedly send random samples to me. Its like a constant mission to target me specifically to send their 'just herbs' samples, regardless of whether they are meant for my skin or my age. 
Your sending me youth preserving samples and well erm i am still in my youth!  Unless i am mistaken and got everything including my age wrong. Really now. This is getting very very annoying. Last time i received a kit from the same brand 'just herbs' that was meant for oily skin and i have dry combination skin. Now this? I have already sent vellvette a very angry email regarding this. it's simply not done.
(You can read about my july vellvette box here)

H2o+ Marine Eye Cream
I don't care how effective this product is simply because i have no issues there. If only vellvette had attempted to refer to my questionnaire they would have known WHAT to send to me. I can't say anything further about this sample.

 Sally Hansen Lip Plumper- Clear
After the first 2 products, i am really put off to even talk about the others. But i don't want to be unfair. So this is the only full size product in this months bag.It is clear, which i am glad for since i do not use colour lip gloss. I have used the Fusion Beauty LipFusion Micro Injected collagen (phew) lip plumper previously, so i am not exactly new to the world of lip plumbers. The good thing is now i can compare the two to see which one works better.

SK-II Facial Treatment Cleansing Gel
This is a very tiny sample of SK-II cleansing gel, good for one or 2 uses i reckon. It is basically a make up remover. My mom uses the SK-II power cream and seems to love it. I would have been happy to try this if my mood wasn't so sour :'(

Final Verdict:
Cannot wait for my subscription to end (which is next month yay) and i don't think i will be renewing it either. I know there are hits and misses every month but sending samples like this is appalling. Like Anti- ageing products (!!). Vellvette must really pay attention to this issue if they want to retain their customers. After months of receiving random samples either not meant for my skin type or my taste, i have given up on vellvette. This is a honest request to vellvette, please pay attention to your customers profile before you send out the bags/boxes.
Now good news guys! i am planning to try the international beauty boxes which deliver to India from next month..cant wait :)

What did you get in your august vellvette bag?Did you like it? Do comment below :)

2 comments:

  1. What you are saying is very true, think they don't have enough samples as everyone gets the same stuff. Wonder why they collect the preferences!

    I am interested in lip plumpers - what do they do? How long does the effect last?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, same box i got minus SK-II Facial Treatment. Even I'm not gonna extend my subscription. Do review your international boxes, would love to see them :)

    ReplyDelete