Wednesday 22 May 2013

My May Vellvette Box

Hello Lovelies!

That time of the month- May Vellvette Box. * yay *
After the previous few months disappointment, i wasn't very excited this month..i even emailed vellvette regarding the brand selection sent to me, since the samples sent were pretty much lying untouched (they are so friendly, assured me right away they would look into it) BUT this month has been special..after all it was my birthday few days ago and all i can say is this box has been the best so far, close to the feb box (that box was completely usable). And this itself is a first for me! i always read people loving their vellvette boxes and me? nursing my resentment towards the random sample products sent to me, finally my turn to say - loved may vellvette box ! * woohoo *



I got my camera, opened the box and was bowled over, completely! Love it when your box doesn't have empty spaces, na? So exciting, this month the theme was 'organic', which i am glad for since my awareness to paraben free products, i have started to incorporate organic products. I think this box is great in terms of variety- skincare, cosmetics and haircare ! wow, complete package. And how can i miss the cute flower potpourri, so cute.
The contents:

  • Brocato Curlinterrupted Smoothing & Hydrating Treatment Kit
  • Flormar Delux Shine Gloss Lipstick - D33
  • Clinique Even Better Neutral Foundation 05
  • MMMM Bonus: The Nature's Co. Cool Cucumber Face Wash
Brocato Curlinterrupted Smoothing & Hydrating Treatment Kit
This is a good size sample and i am really keen to try this treatment kit. The product card says it is 100% surfactant free, sulphate free and parabens free hair brand- 100% Organic Hair Treatment range. *slow whistle* wow ! i am pleased not to just find only the shampoo but the conditioner too, don't we hate that?  Though the conditioner package tube looks big, don't be fooled- the content is exactly half of it's size. The only problem, yes there is this problem (which i might just ignore)  - 'curlinterrupted.' No it's not like i don't like the name, just that..i don't have curly hair. I have long, naturally straight hair. So ahem, yea. But worry not friends, i shall not be refrained from using it, who knows it'll make my hair silky straight *dreams*


Flormar Delux Shine Gloss Lipstic- D33
I was so excited to receive a full size lip product, and that shade looked gorgeous..the card said its 'peach'. Notice the past tense? All the excitement died when i tried to swatch it once, twice, fourth, seventh...and yea so on. I am not sure if it my lip gloss lipstick in particular like that or all are so sheer...it is very very sheer, little colour pay off,  not at all smooth on application, it goes on hard waxy on the lips.. it is not a lipstick..more like a tinted lip balm (not as smooth as one though). The plus? well it is moisturising..and not drying..so that's got to be good right? If you think of it as a lipstick, its a total flop since it has so little colour but maybe as a balm/gloss it works. I will reserve my stronger opinions on this gloss lipstick untill i use it a couple of times.

 Imagine my happiness when i saw the colour above, i could totally picture the colour on my lips *wistful* sadly, it is too sheer, but if you keep the 'its-not-lipstick' part on the side, it is a cute shade for a lip balm i guess..i will definitely not buy this but oh well, i will definitely be using this.. (click on the picture to enlarge). I am interested in seeing other people's opinion on this lipstick, hopefully its not as hard and sheer as mine(?!). the picture below of lips (left) is with flash, (right) without flash on the wrist. it took a good 6-7 to get that colour on the wrist..!


Clinique Even Better Neutral Foundation 05
I got 4 sample pouches/sachets, by now we should try making peace with sachets, they won't ever stop so might as well, hey? The shade is neutral, let's see how it works for my mac NC 30 skin tone. i really like how it is allergy tested, 100% fragrance free..i have sensitve skin and oil free foundations are something i would normaly look for, very pleased to receive this and looking forward to try it :D


MMMM Bonus: The Nature's Co. Cool Cucumber Face Wash
I guess i got 2 of these cool cucumber face wash because my last months bonus was missing, so i get 2 of these, nice.  I am happy that vellvette remembered and sent the extra sample, it reflects very well on Vellvette without me having to remind them. I received the Nature's co. red and green tea sunscreen lotion in my april box (check it out here) and it has been lying unused (hated the smell), my previous efforts of giving away the unwanted/unused sample items to my mom & sister were in vain, they didn't want to try any :( Must try everything myself then.
 Also the description says this face wash is suitable for oily skin and helps with blackheads etc..again i don't have oily skin, it is dry combination and vellvette is aware since they sent me a sample for dry skin in my previous box..but i don't mind it too much at this point since the face wash in organic,free of chemicals, hence very mild.

Final Thoughts?
I am happy and satisfied for the first time, who would have thought huh? Even though there are minor things, ok curly and straight hair is not so minor and that lipstick gloss issue..but all in all nothing that i can't work/live with..! i like how they gave the treatment kit rather then one part of it, liked the shade of the lipgloss/lipstick (no browns for me thanks) liked the foundation sample.. and yes you get the point- i am satisfied..finally hehe.

New Post:

4 comments:

  1. Yay! Great that you loved your Box! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. heyy :)

    Even I have straight hair and used the curl interrupted treatment which they sent , I just love it !! its like wow!!
    and they are sending two samples of Nature's Co. face wash to everyone , even I got two samples of the cucumber face wash :)

    I think your bonus is the clinique foundation .

    - keep writing
    Amrita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Fayha, thanks! How did you like yours? x

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey! thats great you like it, unfortunately its weighing my hair down :( . My card said the face wash was the bonus and clinique sample was part of the 3 samples, so naturally i assumed i got 2 face wash samples since vellvette missed my last bonus :/ How did you like your box?

    ReplyDelete