Tuesday 7 May 2013

Asos Online Shopping Haul

Hello Lovelies!

Here is my asos haul but before i begin i'd like to mention a few things:
  • I ordered almost most of the items in separate orders each unless mentioned otherwise. It is always safer to get a small order- each items separately then one big order with several items with a higher value, which will attract higher customs!
  • The custom duty is 'apparently' levied on one single transaction/order of Rs. 10,000 and above. I say apparently because i have been charged for much much less so you never know..
  • All my orders are international standard free shipping unless mentioned otherwise. 
  • The orders arrived between 2-4 weeks (yes Indian customs tend to hold items causing delays!)
  • Yes i did pay customs on most, even though custom duty is levied on Rs.10,000 and above...i don't know why but they charge me for as little as 15 pounds! Is it because i order frequently? i don't know why but they do and i have accepted that now. If you want to ask any questions regarding my experience with Indian Customs while ordering from Asos then please do comment below.
  • Asos refunds money if the item has not been delivered to you. We can even return an item for a refund, if we are dissatisfied with the fit/quality/colour or any other reason but the return postal charges, which i might add are high, have to be bared by us.

Let's get started...

                                Asos Heart Print Laptop Cover
I ordered this laptop case with 2 more items- Dr. Bronners Naked Organic Lip Balm and River Island Olivia Sunglasses (Picture not taken).
Very good quality, i love the gold detail zip...my mac is very happy residing in this cover!



French Connection Floral Cut-out Swimsuit
I ordered this swimsuit with a Carmex MoisturePlus Hydrating lip balm (Picture not taken). 
Summer is here, need to beat this scorching heat with a lazy day by the pool...*bliss*.
 I really like the side cut out and fit, it is very flattering. While browsing the website, most of the swimsuits were not padded, tragic i know and i for one cannot fathom wearing one without it. One of the major reasons i got this, apart from it's sheer loveliness, is the frills on the top, it covers the need for it, how smart of me ;D
The straps are detachable and full cut briefs, just purrfect!

Gorgeous colourful print! As a thumb rule, one should always get swimsuit one size bigger..and i am glad i did, fits perfectly :D

Asos Jewellery arrived in these nice sturdy black boxes, very classy. i have so many of these to store my jewellery in... yay!

Asos Pack of Five Neon Chain Bracelet
I ordered this with a pair of 'headphone happy stud earing set' (picture not taken) 

Lovely colours,yea? My favourite is the gold one, i think it will look super cute paired with a watch..

Asos Earings
I ordered these two earrings together, one black feather and the other pink feather along with the diamond stud one (below). Unfortunately the picture of the pink feather earing disappeared :(
These are so gorgeous! i am in love with them, they are huge..great statement feather earings.

I love these too, very elegant. They are quite big in size for stud earings (check out the ring in comparison) but thats the beauty of it! Very bling.Very shiny.


Asos Anchor Chain Hairband
Lovely gold chain hair band, the tiny anchors are just too cute. i ordered this along with a tiny pearl/skull pendant chain (Picture not taken).  

Paul's Boutique Leopard Bag
 A couple of friends were coming down from the U.S, so i got this delivered there along with a pair of pencil heel suede black  pumps (picture not taken) and got them once they were here . I really did not want to take the chance with indian customs, with my luck i am sure i'd have to shell out quite a bit! This was express delivery and arrived there in like 3 days. 
The bag is quite huge..it could engulf a petite girl, like seriously! 

Every Paul's Boutique Bag comes with a different charm, they look cute but tend to border on childish. I got rid of few of the things hanging on mine like the ribbons and pieces of colourful cloth.
It is really of good quality, very sturdy and it's a- carry your world around in kinda bag lol. I like how the animal print is there in bits and pieces, very cute :D. This bag is perfect for the times i need to travel overnight with clothes or just when i have to carry my laptop. It's so spacious but the only con is that it has no compartments, only side zips and pockets, sucks when you carry tons of stuff and you can't find things you need without a good digging.
The cloth inside is a very pretty monogramed patterned bright pink.
The bottom of the bag has these gold studs.
Jemma Kidd Mannequin Skin Perfector Kit Set
This was a set that included the mannequin skin perfector kit (above) and the mannequin skin complexion enchancer (below). It features 4 complexion correcting colours in one little compact. I haven't use this kit  much except the highlighter.

JK Mannequin Skin Complexion Enhancer  
I really like this product and use it as a highlighter for my cheeks.

The variety on Asos is awesome and they generally have amazing sales going on too! The only downer is INDIAN CUSTOMS  and well obviously the delivery isn't that great too with all the delays and all (argh) but now i have made peace with 'patience' while ordering from this website. There have also been times (make that plenty of times) when the orders have been misplaced/lost but nothing to fear since they refund the money. 
I really enjoy ordering from Asos and even get my friends birthday presents from there, though i need to order a good amount of time in advance for it to arrive in time for the birthdays (am i lazy or what). 

So that's all for now...i have ordered for the Laqa Paradise City Lip Crayon set and Dr. Bronners Peppermint Lip Balm, can't wait for it to arrive! I am contemplating to get the Pixi Brilliance Lip Tint Balm in craving coral since my pretty pink is getting really tiny but i guess i will wait for the Laqa Lip crayons to arrive before i take the plunge for Pixi again. I really love lip crayons/chubby sticks, don't you?

Do comment likes/questions/answers/just like that/say hello.

Ok tata bye bye i am going to work on another post before i hit the sack..zzzz

Have a great day!

Ps: Oh I found my next post topic, it has to be Asos clothing haul/collection...!! 

*UPDATE*
Just dropped in to post a picture of the custom duty bill/receipt of some lip balms (Dr.Bronner Organic Lip Balm) i ordered from Asos worth 15pounds. 

New Post:

35 comments:

  1. Hey on 6th i ordered 300 usd plus stuff in two different orders.. one being of 120 usd n the other of 207 usd including 33 usd express delivery charges on both the orders.. I am worried about the customs now.. any idea how much it'll be?

    I've never been charged for customs before.. my orders have usually been 50-150 usd..but I guess I won't be lucky this time cause one is clearly above 10k.. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello, sorry for the late reply...i wasn't around. Wow you have been really lucky!i think using express with higher value orders is much better, less chance of custom duty & its trackable. Where are you from? I really cant say how much will be yours but my tiny asos parcel(lip balms) arrived yesterday and this time i took a picture of the custom duty receipt for future reference, they assess the goods value and levy 14.7 on it, they assessed mine - Rs.1818 and Rs.267 was the custom duty levied...funnily the parcel was worth 15pounds :/ . Let me know about yours...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah.. I ended up paying 2.5k for the customs.. :(
      I hate them... but as addicted as I am.. I have 2 more packages on my way.. one standard and one express.. the standard is supposed to reach me day after.. I very much doubt I will get it anytime soon though.. bte I love love that Pauls Boutique bag of yours... so chic...

      Delete
    2. Okay.. this is weird.. why isn't my screen name and dp being displayed when I comment...:|

      Delete
  3. hey...i just ordered few bunch of clothes and bracelet from Asos for a total of around Rs8500.Will I charged customs for this order and if so,how much would they charge(I really need to know).I ordered it through express delivery, I'm from Arunachal Pradesh(guess u haven't hrd it)Plz tell quick-first time shopping from abroad!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @sanglida ofcourse i have heard of Arunachal Pradesh :) i do hope they do not levy custom considering it is less than 10k and express delivery..you might not have to pay anything at all.But if they do, they will evaluate/assess the value of goods and levy 14.7 (atleast that was for me). Im posting the picture of the bill, if it could help. Do update me on your parcel when it does arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thnx a lot....

    P.S parcel not yet arrived....delayed.Lucky got my delivery charges returned and 10% off discount code.Will u surely let u know when it arrives.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so i just ordered stuffs worth Rs.2600 via standard shipping and its my first time ordering from asos. I hope they don't charge customs,also hoping to get it on time #fingerscrossed =_=

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey guys my items have been shipped.. i am from hyderabad.. i was wondering whom should and must i contact for my shipment status? i have placed an order with standard deliver option. sp i am not having any kind of details regarding my product. please if anyone have any india based royalmail office numbers.. do give put.. help will be much appreciated. thank you girls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brand Trendz Offering Best Deals on Top Brands Casio Edifice, Online Shopping Best Daily Deals, Discount Offers, Discount Offers Online in India, Online Best Daily offers. Online Shopping Daily Deals, Deals Upto 80% off Top Brands.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My order is just worth £6 and they are asking me to pay £2.2, custom duty, before my order is shipped. Ain't it ridiculous? What makes it worse is I actually paid £4.5 on my order using discount coupon, so I'm being charged 50% custom duty! . . . . I don't know what to do . . . Any suggestion?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. im facing a similar problem. they are asking me to pay customs before it can be shipped to india. also, the link they provide to pay the duty is simple useless. its not accepting my credit or debit card. i even emailed the customer care but they just dont seem to understand the problem and repeatedly say customs to be paid when it arrives at the destination. help anyone????

      Delete
    2. yep this happened recently, i am shopping at asos for more than 2 years and i was never charged for customs even once and i always ship through standard shipping, but from last couple of months they started to charge me nearly 40% as customs charges on the total value of the good while the package is on transit, this has made me reluctant and futile to shop ever on their site, the reason is that they have changed the courier service from Royal Mail to some DPD india, which inturn is delivered by DTDC couriers here in bangalore, but Royal Mail used to deliver it through local Postal Service which is was the reason for not charging any customs, I have made many requests to customer care but they keep giving irrelevant answers to the context of the conversation. lost another International site

      Delete
    3. Hi Shivam- does there seem to be a solution?

      Delete
    4. I have been a regular at their site since 2010 and never paid customs duty- but since dec 2013 there seems to be customs on every order- small value or big value...am really confused. Do you think its because of the change in courier service?? any suggetsions on how we can tell asos team and get this changed back to royal mail?

      Delete
    5. On retrospect , there doesn't seem to be any solution, unless ASOS gets Royal Mail back on service, until then no luck :(

      Delete
  10. yeah. i ordered and for obvious reasons (blame paypal for it) couldnt pay the duties so my order went back to the warehouse and now they said my money will be refunded.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I placed Three Orders Worth 8£ I Paid nearly 40 percent as custom via paypal now order is on way via dpd courier.They charged me custom duty for such a small order wort expeirence this was my first order

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi guys, I am a frequent buyer at asos since 4 years.. untill the end of 2012 i never paid any duties but they did charge me 40% of the total cost of the merchandise as duty (i ordered stuff worth 58 pounds) last year in January or something which I think is ridiculous. So i told them I am not going to pay any duty fee because the amount is def. lesser than 10,000. The delivery boy had no response and took my stuff back as directed by me.. he came back to me after a few days with the same receipt and asked me for duty again. so i told him i will contact the local officer.. and I said i dont want to pay duty so kindly return the package. to my surprise, my parcel NEVER reached asos.. I am pretty sure the post office people must have done something there.. i went to the local post office to check the records if my items were returned. they had some gibberish written in some file (which was found after looking at numerous files) which proves from their end that the merchandise were returned. Anyway, asos never received it, so i lost my money in return for nothing. MY QUESTION IS THIS: if the rule says that there will be no duty charged if the order value is below 10,000 then how does it matter what courier company handles the service?!!! I am so furious, I dont know who to contact. It definitely cant be the change in the delivery service, I mean come on think about it. FYI: i am a customer from Delhi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rashi,

      My reply might be a bit late but hope it helps for future transactions with Indian Post and custom clearance.

      The duty charged by post office was correct as per Indian customs . Please note the Rs10,000 threshold is for gifts and not for items for personal use. If you order any items from abroad never reject the post through unreliable posts like India post . If you reject parcels through Fedex or DHL they will send it back but forget about local courier service.

      This is what has happened in your case. The courier service has cleared your items and payed the customs thinking that you were aware of customs ate first place. When you reject the parcel the courier service either auctioned the products or returned back to customs who then auctioned the products instead of returning.

      The drawback of returning the parcel are painful as the same parcel would be liable of 20% VAT when entering into UK.

      Hope it helps .. For any further queries you can join my facebook group ' Foreign Shopping Network India '.

      Delete
  13. Hey ordered for 40 pounds stuff.can you tell me how much custom will charge?

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello there, i have the same problem with the payement of duty.the link they've given has rejected my card after cutting 62rupees for paypal i dnt know what. Then asked to use an other card i don't understand.and surely don't know what to do.anyone can help?
    also is there anyone who has try to make product bought by somebody else abroad then delivered by normal indian post service?
    have a friend in Germany i could ask for later purchase.
    thanks for help

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey can u plz temme which courier company delievr asos packet in india ...i hv orderd foe 180$ nd paid custom 40$ bt my packet is not delvrd yet ...dey r showing some dpd courier compny bt as i called customer care dey told me dpd hs been shutdown ..really worried ..plz help if anyone hs any idea regardin courier company

    ReplyDelete
  17. hello! sorry for the late late reply (i just got back from nyc). i'll just try answering some of you're queries to the best i can, i have been through this all so i can totally relate to everyone!
    Firstly i'd like to say there has been a change in asos free standard shipping. Earlier it was shipped via royal mail.
    This way the parcel would reach in about 2 weeks or longer but within the month (blame our post mans who nicely sit with our parcels even though they have arrived with them weeks before) The chances of duty levied would be on luck ( i suffered from a massive bad luck, was charged for as little as 15 pounds).
    But all in all, it was still fairly simple to order stuff this way as :
    (1) Paying via debit or credit card was easy, getting the order was easy as it just shipped without that stupid pay duty before your order can be shipped thing.
    (2) Custom duty would be payed at our doorsteps WHEN the ordered reached us which means in any case it doesn't reach us, we are not paying any duty and could ask for a refund
    (3) This brings to the point of refund which in my opinion has always been hassle free with asos. After the estimate delivery date has passed, simply send an email to asos (in the contact asos section) select "where is my order" and just fill the form. They would ask to wait additional 15 days for the parcel and if it still didn't arrive, just revert back to them. VOILA. REFUND GRANTED.
    (4) FREE shipping but NO tracking, so whoever has their order via free standard shipping..just know there is no way to track it till it arrives to you :p . So just sit back and wait for it to arrive around the estimated delivery date.

    Now the issue is which all of us our facing is with the new pay the (unreasonable) duty before the parcel is even shipped to us. Not only that but the paypal service is a hassle to say the least. I have cancelled several orders just because the duty was not worth it. i mean c'mon! why should i pay 40% duty when i am buying something simply cause it is CHEAPER. Anyway there has been no solution to this issue as far as i know. Asos customer care will send some irrelevant automated reply which will just annoy you. And no one in India is capable of telling us WHY do we have to pay duty on small amounts when it clearly shows we only have to pay above 10,000 INR. I have met the sr.postman who had directed me to the custom place but said there is no guarantee if there would be anyone to answer this question. Another friendly postman suggested maybe i should just go to the airport where the parcels arrive and ask them this question whilst they levy duty :/ (i mean whaa?) see? it is simply impossible.
    We will be running in circles looking for the right department to contact regarding this because god knows who this stupid authority is levying random duties at will.

    Anyway since i am a chronic online shopper..i did order an Illamasqua blush cause I simply forgot about my own duty & asos experience. I have been away for months and they lured me in with 20% i miss your face coupon. Damn you asos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Queen Mu M,

      The customs duty is applicable on any goods entering into India for personal use . The exception lies if the goods are sample or gifts where by the Rs 10,000 threshold limit applies. In the last few years Customs has become more strict and started charging duties on every parcel and thats how it was meant to be at first place. More information about duties can be found in the link below

      www.accmumbai.gov.in/aircargo/import/faq.html

      I have stayed and shopped in many countires and so far unfortunately Indian customs clearance has been very unpleasant.

      Please correct me if I am wrong as I would love to be a part of dutyfree Rs10,000 threshold :)

      Delete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  20. i m planning to order a suit worth 161$. how much duty i have to pay? any idea?. I am from india

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are likely to pay 25% duties on suit + customs handling charges. Please make sure the invoice is in the shipment or customs will estimate their own value ! The duties are always calculated on CIF value i.e productvalue+shipping cost. There will be customs handling charges which can vary. For all Indian shoppers I have created a facebook group called ' Foreign Shopping Network India '. You all are most welcome to join and discuss and issues .I will try to answer as much as my knowledge in customs and foreign retailers permit.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi,
    I was waiting for a delivery from Asos for a top I ordered. I check my email to find that they've returned it without contacting me !! "Hello, Thanks for your recent order with ASOS. We’re writing to let you know that your parcel is being returned to us, this is because the customs duties weren’t paid. Customs or import duties are charged once the parcel reaches its destination country. These charges must be paid by the recipient of the parcel." I contacted DPD and they told me that I had to pay customs before delivery. How do I do that ? I thought it was on delivery that I would have to pay customs. Please help !

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hy I wanted to order a jumpsuit which sometimes shows that the size I wanted to order is out of stock and later when I recheck it shows it is in stock.I am confused whether it is in stock or out of stock

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hey i recently placed an order for about 28k and i am not sure about the custom duties that would be levied for my orders from asos being shipped through standard delivery.could you please help me of how much would i be paying customs upto
    Having said that i should be ready for the outcome may lord bless me

    ReplyDelete
  25. An approximate customs that i would be charged .

    ReplyDelete